Sunday, October 17, 2010

How To Make A Dune Buggy Faster

The creative genius of Mario Botta on display at the Mart


Eight years after its inauguration, the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art of Trento and Rovereto (MART) makes tribute to its creator, with an exhibition that traces the career of Mario Botta. A succession of sixty projects, including churches, futuristic, one-family houses and public buildings.

Rovereto Mario Botta has managed to pull out of the hat one of the most brilliant of his career, Mart, a museum, or rather, a "laboratory of ideas and art," as defined by the same Swiss architect when it opened in December 2002.

swissinfo.ch: Would you tell us a bit 'the feelings that he felt during the preparations for this exhibition that sums up a life?

Mario Botta: An exhibition of architecture is something that is not there, because the architecture is out of the museum is in the streets, squares, in the city. However, I am happy of this great opportunity I was granted. It is a journey back inside myself, with a prologue and appendix of my thoughts turned into tangible reality. Effect makes me think that fifty years have elapsed from the first job when I was a young apprentice "workshop" (Chapel Genestrerio and house Morbio of Higher Education in Switzerland in 1959, ed.) I still have the same enthusiasm as when I graduated in Venice by Carlo Scarpa (his great teacher from '64 to '69, ed) and Giuseppe Mazzariol. A little later I began to shape my life by inner discipline "from artisan": three months later with Le Corbusier and Louis Kahn. I must say that digging deep I realized I was always chasing the same obsession: the search for a definition of which combine to form together the rigor of geometry, materials, the manner in which light articulates volumes. Even if, even now, before all that I see are even more helpless by the mystery of the creative process.

http://www.swissinfo.ch/ita/swissinfo/Il_genio_creativo_di_Mario_Botta_in_mostra_al_Mart.html?cid=28424226

0 comments:

Post a Comment