Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lightest Squash Racquets

The other side of the race through a book that suggests

not call myself a devourer of books and I have no privileged reference streams; me food is Italian and foreign fiction (novels, mystery, short stories, historical novels, stories travel, classic) is non-fiction (politics and current affairs, religion and spirituality, economics and finance, health and wellness).
I believe that a well-written book, it is almost beyond the specific issues dealt with, of course, has to catch my attention right away and touch the keys more intimate, making me feel anger, sadness, joy, surprise, anxiety, hope, longing, disappointment, failing which the premature abandonment of reading (which I consider sacrilegious).
In my blog there is a section in which I quote the last year, the books I read, the winter - an accomplice in trips made by public transport - is my preferred term, it gives me 'the ability to read read more and better, even the chatter of the people with me in Metro minimanente affect the quality of my reading.
If a book I like, I often recommend it to those who have next to (co-workers and especially to my wife, in reality she is almost always the opposite is true devourer of pages and provides us with many useful tips).
some days I'm reading the book Marathon runners - stories of races and racers - Mark Patucchi, economic journalist of the newspaper Republic that in his spare time loves to run (the book received from my sister at Christmas ).
The book is surprising to read books about race often means running into biographies or autobiographies of famous runners (often at the end of his career) and if all goes well fossilize on technical training and racing on the correct diet, etc. .
Patucchi does not commit the same mistake in its 192 pages and tells the story of men and women, but also champions of the race of life: for them, the Marathon has been and is a challenge to their physical and psychological limits, but also social redemption, desire for freedom, wanting to compete on a ground where he has all the same and only the commitment and perseverance in training and management of fatigue. The stories of
desaparecido Miguel Sanchez (taken away by armed men at night and disappeared into thin air), the great Alan Turing (theoretical artificial intelligence) that ran to give vent to the storm of his thoughts, Japanese Shizo Kanakuri that the Olympic Games in Sweden in 1912, he retired a few kilometers from the finish and for the shame caused him to lose his trail for more than fifty years.
The story of those who reacted with violence and barbarism in the race (in Bosnia, Sudan, Israel and Palestine, in New York after Ground Zero).
The story of many others, both famous and unknown, which the author represented in this volume, but also the story of thousands of men and women through the race poses the challenge to themselves, through the constancy and 'commitment.
Needless to say, is a book that I recommend to everyone, who lived through the race and sports a healthy human passion, but also to all others.
Good racing and good reading.
Joseph

0 comments:

Post a Comment